Monday, January 11, 2016

Word of the Year : Gratitude

So we are starting the year off with a new tradition, having a word of the year to live by. I thought about this long and hard and posted this to my personal facebook page as a word for the day last week. But why not have it as a Word for the Year?

The word I have chosen is Gratitude

Gratitude is an emotion expressing appreciation for what one has. The best way to reap the benefits of gratitude is to notice new things you’re grateful for every day. Gratitude strengthens relationships, improves health, reduces stress, and, in general, makes us happier. Gratitude helps us realize what we have. This can lessen our need for wanting more all the time.

My goals for this year and for me and my family are to:

  • improve our health
  • lessen our need for wanting more
  • reduce stress in our lives
  •  be grateful for the things that we have
  •  notice the things we are grateful for everyday


I am grateful each and everyday for my family and for the chance to homeschool my girls. And for the continuing opportunity to homeschool them. I am also grateful for everything that we have, no matter how little it is. 

What are you grateful for? And do you have a word for the day or year?



1 comment:

  1. Great goals for your family. Reducing stress, improve health, and be grateful for our little house are some I need to add to a journal for reminding.

    Thank you for linking up to The Thinking Tree Blog Roll.

    I plan to update buttons and such hopefully this month, so I'll add yours when I do that.

    ReplyDelete