Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Eclectic and Creative Homeschooling

Wow, January 2014 was the last time I posted to this blog.... well let me catch you up a bit. We are still homeschooling the girls. And lots has been going on with me. My pain and migraines have continues to worsen. I have 2 bad disks in my neck that cause me great discomfort, numbness in my hands and pain in my shoulders, neck...and of course migraines. I also have pain in my hips and back. So I forget a lot of things and I guess this blog was one of them. Anyway, life moves on.

I wanted to get back to my blog and write a bit about a book I came across by accident . It's called :

Homeschooling for Girls - Winter Homeschooling Journal - Eclectic Curriculum for Artists and Writers: This 60 Day Homeschooling Workbook Covers Eight ... Ages 9 to 17 (Homeschooling Girls) (Volume 3) 

 

 

By the wonderful and talented author Sarah Janisse Brown. You can find her website here  and you will definitely want to check out her facebook page. She and her family are really active on the page and offer lots of great tips and giveaways. 

Anyway, the Winter Homeschooling Journal is totally awesome ! My girls get bored quite easily and so I came across a link some where to Sarah's books and did a bit of looking in to it and so I ordered the girl's each their own copy of the Winter Journal. I am so happy I did. The girls took to it right away. The book allows them the freedom to choose what they want to learn about by choosing 8 topics to start off with. Then you go to the library, choose books, videos, audio books, etc...all of the materials needed to get started and you are set. All you need to have your kids do is read a bit each day, complete 5-6 pages from the Journal a day, along with their other curriculum of course, and they are good to go. 

 
The Winter Journal has really changed our homeschooling experience. My girls were lacking that luster and desire for their lessons and when I gave them the Winter book it was like a light was turned on. They now complete their daily lessons, are more excited about learning and actually do more on their own than they were willing to do in the past.

My girls love their books. The pages are filled with areas to do their writing, be creative, doodle, and color.  I ordered the Spring Journal to give to the girls for Christmas gifts. And their Grandmother ordered one of the Math books for them for Christmas as well. Which I also won a copy from one of the Facebook giveaways (how awesome is that? now the girls will each have their own copy and not have to share).  I just gave the girls a nice set of coloring pencils and ordered an inexpensive set of markers from Amazon as well, by Rose Art (click on link to be redirected)


 I wanted an inexpensive set the girls could share that offered a large variety of colors and that we could try out on the pages in our Journals and in one of the Coloring books that we also own by Sarah as well, titled, A Tiny Treasury of Favorite Things: To Color When You Are Feeling Bad (Purse Sized Coloring Books - Therapeutic, Comforting & Inspirational for Ages 9 to Adult ) (Volume 1) that I received to review.  Once we receive the markers I will write a review on the blog about them and how well they hold up on the pages of the journals and coloring book and will take photos of the journals to share as well. First I need to find my camera battery ( I took it out to charge it but I can't find where I put it , LOL).

You can click on all of the hyperlinks throughout the blog to view more about Sarah, see her website, facebook page, view the books on Amazon and more. I am in no way affiliated with Amazon, or was paid to write a review . I purchased the Winter Journal myself and wanted to share my thoughts on the book with others and how it has helped my girls and our homeschooling experience to grow.

I hope this blog post has been helpful to you and that you will too find Sarah's books as delightful as we do. I hope you will give them a try and that you will also hop on over to her Facebook page and say HI. Tell her I sent you, Jennifer Fraunfelder.  

Many Blessings to you all and Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah !


No comments:

Post a Comment