Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy 1st Day of Fall !!


I just LOVE Fall ! The smells, the sights...and don't forget, the cooler temperatures. Here on the Gulf Coast Fall is greeted with open arms like a best friend we haven't seen in years. I love that the mornings are cooler, the humidity is lower and the afternoon temps go from being in the upper 90s (with a heat index of in the low 100s) to the mid 80s and then continue to fall from there as the season progresses.

I love making hearty one pot meals...soups and stews. The kind that stick to your bones and warm your insides and bring a smile to your face. :)
I love baking in the oven and roasting and all of those cooking tasks you dred doing in the summer because it's just too darn hot to turn on the oven.

So how will you celebrate the 1st day of fall ?

We have Taco Chicken Chili in the crock pot (a recipe I found on Pinterest) , I plan to make a pumpkin cake with apple cider glaze...(recipe found here)
and a pan of sweet yellow corn bread to go with our chlli.

I have pages upon pages of Fall/Autumn themed worksheets to print out for the girls and we will just enjoy the day. I will also let the girls mix and bake the cake as well as mix up the cornbread (Jiffy mix, love it). So a little home ec lesson mixed in with some math measurements. And then on to other fall themed activities.

We look forward to what the new season will bring us and Will share our Fall/Autumn activities here with you as well.

Checkout a Fall Freebie I found:

And I purchased a few inexpensive Fall themed activity pages from Currclick as well.
here are the links to those as well:



I will share our photos and projects soon. So check back for our 1st Day of Fall Fun.

I hope you Enjoy your 1st Day of Fall as well.

Happy Homeschooling !


No comments:

Post a Comment